Monday, June 6, 2011

Cooooookies! More Cooooookies!

I have been making a TON of cookies over the past two weeks. So...here they are!
Fancy red heart with gold detailing


And here it is packaged up all perdy-like :)


Sassy zebra-striped hearts ;)


Instead of just individual cookies, I've been making up lots of plates and platters. This one was for a simple backyard barbecue with some friends.


Butterflies, bees, daisies, and tulips.


Next was a platter for a weekend riding clinic. I hand-cut some cookies for the first time (the boots and hats below) and I was very pleased with how easy it was to cut the dough and how well they turned out (of course, cookie cutters are much easier, but it doesn't take nearly as long as you might think to cut cookies by hand).


Cowboy boots and cowboy hats!


Some red bandanna-print cookies to add a pop of color to the platter :)


And a pretty paint pony! All of the cookies for this platter were a lot of fun to make :)


Here they are all together! My parents just happened to have this platter which goes so very perfectly with the cookies.


Next up, some cookies to celebrate our league-winning track team! My husband and I both coach track at the local high school (my hubby is a teacher), and this year both the boys and girls teams won league championships! Good job athletes!!


It's hard to tell, but the gold parts are all sparkly. You can kind of see a little shimmer on the cookie on the bottom left.


Next up, a platter for a college graduate:




He is planning on becoming a history teacher, and he also coaches track, so along with the traditional caps and diploma scrolls, I made some track feet, history textbooks, and pencils.



And those are my cookies! Holy moly! Decorating cookies is a lot of fun, and I'm really enjoying making up cute platters, but making cookies is soooooooooooo much work! They take for-ev-er! After making cookies almost nonstop for the past two weeks, I'm glad to have a break ;) However, I hope to be making some more delicious creations soon, and of course when I do, I'll be back to share! 'Til then, ciao!

No comments: