Monday, September 27, 2010

Raiders Cupcakes

I had an order a couple weekends ago for some Raiders football cupcakes. It was a lot of fun to make the little jerseys and helmets and all :) I had to have my husband help me out with these because I don't follow football at all, and I needed someone to tell me who was worthy of being on a fondant jersey. Luckily, even though he's a Niners fan, he agreed to lend me his expertise ;)

I made eight jerseys:
Aren't they cute? I need to find some teensy block number cookie cutters, because I had to cut these out by hand and it wasn't always easy! But I was quite pleased with the result.
Then I made some little helmets. For being made out of gumpaste, I think they look pretty darn good ;) You can't really tell in the picture, but they're even shiny silver! Gotta love luster dust.
Here's everything together...see my little football?
Finally, boxed up and ready to go!

The cupcakes were half vanilla, half chocolate, and all were filled with ganache and topped with vanilla buttercream. Yum!

Coming soon: pumpkin and caramel apple cupcakes! I'm hoping to make these early next week, but I actually have a large cookie order for next weekend, so they may have to wait for the week after. In any case, sugar cookies and Halloween cupcakes are coming your way soon!

No comments: