Friday, April 1, 2011

Flowers and Flutterbies

I had the opportunity to make some cupcakes last weekend for a friend's twin daughters' birthday party. We went with pink and lime green butterflies and flowers :) I was super excited to make cute, girly cupcakes, and I was very happy with the way these turned out!
The cupcakes are half vanilla filled with strawberries and half chocolate, all frosted with vanilla buttercream. The butterflies have some sparkle to them, as do the flowers, but it doesn't show up well in the pictures. On some pics you can see a hint of shimmer in certain places...


Each girl had her own special cupcake :) Happy first birthday Ella and Milana!


Packaged up and ready to go!


Wait--these look familiar! The next week, my best friend placed an order for more flower and butterfly cupcakes, but this time in pink and purple.


Here they are in my awesome purple cupcake stand! I think it works perfectly with these cupcakes :)

Happy spring everyone!!

No comments: