Monday, April 13, 2009

My Invitations!

I know I never finished my little series on how to make my invites, but they're done and were mailed out a while ago (obviously, as the wedding's in two weeks!) and I must say, I'm quite happy with them :) Anyhow, if any of you are interested in how to make the belly bands, which I think is the last part in my "making" series, leave a comment and let me know. If there's any interest, I'll go ahead and make a separate post for that.

Anyhow, now I'll share with you some pictures of my finished invitations! I hope you like them, and please leave me a comment if you have any questions about the making of them! These are all the inserts; information about the reception, an RSVP postcard, and directions to the house.
The inside, with everything assembled :) When you remove the picture, there's a really cute little cutout flower underneath (that's the edge of it sticking out at the corner of the picture).
Here I am making belly bands for the invites...I happened to see my ears in a bag and I couldn't resist putting them on!
The outside of the invite. The colors are a bit off in this picture, but you can see the embossing detail on the white part of the belly band quite well :)

Here they are (well, about 2/3 of them), ready and waiting to be stuffed, sealed, and sent!

I taught myself calligraphy so I could address my invitations myself. Here I am where I took over the kitchen table, at my little invitation station :)

And here they are, all ready to be sent out! Our return address label is on the back, and I sealed each envelope with wax. And that's that.

No comments: